Please apply through LinkedIn using this link: Full Stack Engineer Post.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
Join Our Team!
We are rapidly growing at Allovance and we are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our small team of developers! We are gaining a lot of traction and it is important for us to find someone who embraces challenges and is passionate about succeeding. This role will allow you to work very closely with our Founder and Managers in order to create and implement a software development strategy. We also sponsor H1B Visas.
Who we are:
Allovance is an independent software company that spun off of the founder’s well-established management consulting firm, Pyramid Consulting International. Pyramid Consulting has been in business for 15+ years and has 50+ employees. Clients include Fortune 500 companies across different industries.
Allovance is built around the idea that there is a better way to make decisions. Our company is built on research in decision sciences, psychology, business, change management, and learning behaviors. This research led to the development of two unique product offerings:
- A cloud-based capital allocation and strategic prioritization software designed to add structure, transparency, and reliability to any organizational prioritization practices.
- Decision Coach Certification in partnership with The University of Michigan.
As a self-contained decision hub, Allovance allows you to create priorities, input projects, score projects against priorities, and plan your projects all from one platform. Critical business decisions shouldn’t happen in isolation. Instead, they should be viewed in light of the bigger picture and aligned to your priorities. The outcome or end result of the Allovance process is to prioritize a list of projects or alternatives using strategic value, complexity, and urgency.
We started in 2017, and currently have a great version of our software but are looking to improve, update, and potentially re-design some parts of it. Additionally, we have a surge of clients that will require software customization.
- Option to work remote or hybrid (Preference for local candidates)
- A seat at the table
- Opportunities for growth, mentorship & advancement
- Make an impact on the world. Help build and improve a software aimed at helping organizations make better decisions
- Control over your own schedule
- Competitive Salary, health benefits, and vacation
- Visa Sponsorships
Who we are looking for:
- 5+ years of commercial development experience
- 3+ years of analytics and visualization experience
- 3+ years with a tech stack that includes NodeJS, PostgreSQL and AWS/Heroku
- 5+ years developing API’s
- Familiar with writing automated tests (unit tests, integration tests etc.)
- Agile (scrum) software development experience
- Experience working in remote teams is an added advantage.
Your responsibilities will include:
- This is a hands-on development position with an opportunity to refine and expand an existing strategic planning platform.
- Improving existing features of the product and working on the back-end implementation of new features as we continue to scale and strive for product-market fit.
- Experience developing for UX
- Ensuring code quality and standards while meeting deadlines and delivering targets set by the production team.
- Working closely with the product manager in preparing and approving the scope of work.
Our Tech Stack and Tools:
- Node.js with Express backend
- Relational Database PostgreSQL
- Heroku and AWS platform
- Deployment on AWS RDS
- Auth0 Security with AD integration